Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Zingy and Healthy Tuna Salad

             Today in Washington the rain is coming in sideways and the sun is no where to be found. I was looking for something to eat that was light and healthy. I have been perusing through my new cookbook from Gwyneth Paltrow called "It's All Good." This is a cookbook based around delicious, easy recipes that will make you look good and feel great! I came across this recipe and I decided to give it a shot. I might be adding some more recipes from her cookbook as well. So look out!



What you will need:

  • 1/2 cup of silkened tofu or 1/4 cup of Vegenaise. Or You could always use olive oil based Mayo
  • 2 teaspoons of Dijon Mustard
  • 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 8 oz. of tuna packed in olive oil or water. (I used water)
  • 4 cornichons, finely diced
  • 1 tablespoon finely minced white onion
  • A pinch of ground celery seed
  • A big pinch of coarse sea salt or kosher salt
  • A few healthy grinds of black pepper

Directions:

  • If you are using tofu, puree it in a blender or a food processor with mustard and lemon juice. 
    • If you are using vegenaise or mayo all you need to do is simply whisk together the ingredients.

  • Dice up your onion and cornichons





  • Combine with the rest of ingredients in a mixing bowl. Make sure to break up the tuna. 


  • Serve on a bed of greens or gluten free bread. I chose gluten free tortillas!



This tuna salad was very light and zingy. It is very delicious and easy to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment