Friday, February 21, 2014

Strawberry, Banana, date, and almond smoothie



        This morning I randomly decided to try to make a smoothie. I pretty much went to my pantry and my fridge and brought out things that I thought would go well together. I wanted something sweet, healthy, and packed with protein. Here is what I came up with:



Serves: 2
What you will need:
  • 1/2 Ripe Banana
  • 7 Strawberries
  • 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
  • 1 Tablespoon of Almond Butter
  • 1 Date, pitted
  • 1/2-1 scoop of Whey Protein (optional)
  • 1/2 cup of Almond Milk
  • Add ice (I used 5 cubes)
Directions:
  • Place all ingredients in your blender

  • First use the 'crush ice' function on your blender until all of the ice is crushed down to a small size
  • Then use the 'liquify' option and blend for about 30-45 seconds
  • Then it is ready to eat/drink!!

Nutrition Facts:
  • Calories: 189
  • Protein: 10g
  • Calcium: 60%
  • Carbohydrates: 16
  • Sugar: 6.5g
**Remember most of the sugar comes from fructose**

Kristen Approved!!

No comments:

Post a Comment