Sunday, April 27, 2014

Paleo Sweet Potato Pancakes




I was really craving a nice hefty breakfast the other day, and I wanted pancakes! I didn't want any old regular pancakes.  I needed sweet potato pancakes. I like substituting sweet potatoes anywhere I can. It is high in Vitamin A and other vitamins and minerals versus ingredients that are white flour...barely nutrient dense food. So this is how I did it--

Information: Serves: 2, Gluten-free, Paleo, Dairy-free

What you will need:

  • 1 cup - of sweet potatoes or yams, mashed
  • 2 tbsp - of Pamela's pancake mix flour or coconut flour
  • 2 tsp - of ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp - of baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp-  of vanilla
  • Coconut oil, to grease the pan
  • 3 - eggs
Directions:

Step 1

Measure out the mashed sweet potatoes or yams. Mix together with eggs in stand mixer. 





Step 2


Mix in the rest of the ingredients (except coconut oil) until smooth





Step 3

Put coconut oil in the frying pan and heat the frying pan over medium heat. Add the sweet potato pancake mixture to make any size pancakes you desire. Make sure to cook throughly.





Thats it! Its as simple as that. You can sprinkle on some cinnamon to the finished product and add a splash of any type of syrup that follows your diet plan. 



No comments:

Post a Comment